33. O JESUS!
33. On Jesus
1. O Jesus, born in Nazareth!
You are deified man
and manified God.
2. Jesus is man and deity
so that everything God has created
may participate in Him.
3. Jesus, conceived by the Holy Spirit!
By Your death on the cross You have redeemed
mankind who was lost.
5. Jesus, the saved man will enjoy glory
in respect of Your sensible nature,
when he gazes upon your deified body.
6. Jesus, the world was created from nothing
for Your sake above all,
which is why You deserve the highest honours.
7. Jesus, whose person comprises
man and deity,
have great mercy upon us.
8. Jesus, take pity upon us
for we are almost all at fault
and are exiled from virtuous love.
9. Jesus, make us not indifferent,
since You would be glad
if everyone were able to gaze upon You.
10. Jesus, it is good to say Your name,
to understand You and to remember You,